Hello Monks! CHEER at the RETURN OF RECKLESS RICK!!!! Yes I know its been a little bit, but I’ve been a Busy Monk, trying to get things together and working on this thing called Life. Thanks to the lessons and insights of Thefogottenmonk.com! Subscribe now!
For this week’s top 10 I wanted to talk about “The Last Starfighter” It’s always been one of my favorite movies. It had a lot of heart and is a classic that has a special place in my heart. Being a timeless tale of intergalactic heroism, I pondered what lessons there are to learn from the movie, with no further ado, our weekly top 10.
1. Don’t worry about everyone asking you to take care of everything they are too lazy to do themselves. You’ll eventually leave all those jerks behind to save the universe.
2. Dealing with your girlfriend, hard. Being the last star fighter against the Kodan armada, not as hard.
3. There are no speed limits on flying cars.
4. Video games can save the galaxy and is a great training tool.
5. The little things matter, even a high score.
6. Never sell yourself short, if you think that your just a kid from a trailer park, then that is all your ever be.
7. Finding the hero can be a profitable business.
8. Find something to fight for, for example, your family and your girlfriend, who is back home getting it on with your Beta Unit.
9. If you are the one ship against the armada, you can hide out in asteroid that isn’t considered a strategic blind spot.
10. The Enemy’s over confidence always leads them to keep their vulnerable weak spot exposed to attack.
Its good to be back. Happy New Year, Happy Birthday, and Happy everything else I’ve missed. Tell your friends about us.
Rick here once again. Cloverfield is here, and yes, I survived the incident. I thought it was pretty good, not great mind you but pretty good. There are a few things I didn’t like, but this isn’t a review site or we’d be more pretentious and love ourselves a lot more.
Monsters, Chaos, all hell breaking loose, sure that’s just a day in the life of yours truly, but this movie did have its lessons to pass on.
1. Cell phone batteries stolen out of the store come fully charged.
2. Rats that all run in one direction, always means there is something very bad in the direction they are coming from. Don’t think, don’t observe, just run.
3. Don’t bother with dark underground tunnels, stay up top, where there is light. You want to know what’s coming at you, so you can act accordingly.
4. Watch the News report that tells you there are little creatures falling off the Bigger monster and are wreaking havoc, then completely forget about the potential problem when the rats are fleeing a danger and you have to stand around to talk about it.
5. Even after the news report, don’t bother finding any rudimentary weapons before venturing into the dark subway tunnel.
6. Even if she somehow pisses you off when she comes to your going away party be nice and don’t let it bother you. Otherwise you might end up having to trek across the town, endanger all your friends, in the middle of utter chaos to go and get her back and finally tell her you love her.
7. If your in-love with that certain someone, and at one point, you both give in to those feelings and sleep with each other. THAT point, might be a very good time, to tell him/her that you love them.
8. Always check your tape before you record over it.
9. Good days are common, great days are hard to come by, if you get it on tape, pull it out of the camera, mark it, and save it.
10. Never EVER! Go to New York, especially Manhattan.
Our main Monk Marvin has been busy this weekend. So Rick is here again and I took it upon myself to come up with a top 10 for the week. I had my 10 year reunion just a few weeks ago and I have been thinking of people who have come and gone in my life since those days and thought about Janette Meza, one of my closest friends in High School who had a thing for calling me Mulder and naturally I’d call her Scully. We were geeks and proud of it. And with that here are the top 10 things I learned from the X-Files.
1. Define which truth you’re looking for, the truth of what? The existence of Extraterrestrials? What happened to your sister? Does your stubbornly skeptical partner secretly have the hots for you?
2. The search for what you desire, takes sacrifice, friends and occasional feats of insubordination.
3. Occam’s razor’s ‘the simplest explanation is often the correct one’ is a good way to look at things, and sometimes Occam lacked imagination. Generally the most farfetched theory is the most correct.
4. Thinking outside of the box can get you places, like an abandoned satellite station in Mexico or a Submarine in the middle of the artic.
5. Trusting No One is a good rule, trusting everyone is an interesting way to go, finding a middle ground is your best bet.
6. In the pursuit of truth, there is a risk of losing your ideals and your way, confide in your friends and let them help you keep true to yourself.
7. Know when to cut your losses and get the hell out of dodge.
8. It helps to know people in high places; they can get out of trouble, such as, if you broke into a military base to catch a glimpse of an alien.
9. Sometimes it doesn’t take a safe with the most sophisticated security system to keep something secure from the wrong people. Sometimes all you need is an airport locker.
10. Secrets that have been buried away and forgotten often find ways to resurface. So take care of your crap before it take care of you.
That’s it Monks, if any of you Special Agents out there can come up with any more, leave a comment and let us know. Much like how, here at TheForgottenMonk, we try to find truth in Movies, Television and Books, Mulder tried to find his truth with a passionate search for Extraterrestrials and his missing sister. Whatever truth your looking for, the ‘Truth is out there’ and some of can even be found here from week to week.
Hey Monks, this is Rick again. Marvin asked me to lend another helping hand. I just picked up Pirates 3, which lead us to write up a top 10 for the Pirates series. This is what we came up with. If you come up with any more, let us know.
- Sometimes rules are just guidelines.
- You can be a pirate and still be a good man or woman.
- Every desire, gold, jewels or love… they all come at a price and sometimes a nifty voodoo curse.
- You can’t run from whom you are. If you’re a pirate, you’re a pirate accept it.
- Everyone can be a Captain of his or her very own Pirate ship and is a master of swordplay.
- You have to know what you want to be able to get there.
- If you make plans 10 years in advance, you better show up.
- Leverage can go a long way.
- Cannons can shoot out anything
- When scrambling to escape from a life threatening situation, always remember to stop, smell the… wiff of rum in a flask just shot out of a cannon and take a swig.
Well. I hope you have a great weekend. The third movie wasn’t so good but I highly recommend the first one!
I’m Leiandra from Zanderfin’s Wow “Casual” Raiding . I was a little hesitant when Marvin first asked me to post the top 10 things I’ve learned from World of Warcraft. I just couldn’t think of 10 things. So, I took the liberty of widening the category a bit and bring you.
Top Ten Things I’ve Learned From Recent Video Games
1. Playing Wow can give you the competitive edge over other candidates for a job. And it’s okay to put it on your resume.
2. Video games have evolved and relatively large, legacy game systems can now be held in the palm of your hand.
3. Some games get you to move.
4. Some games get you to groove.
5. And some even get you in the mood.
6. There are different games for all ages.
7. And some games encompass all ages.
8. Video games can help hand/eye coordination.
9. Some people spend way too much time playing video games.
10. There are girls that play video games on the Internet.
For todays top ten I selected ‘300’. Enjoy everyone and have a great Monday.
1. To prevent a million foreigners into your land all you need is 300 people.
2. Corpses make a great wall.
3. If your child isn’t perfect throw them off a cliff
4. The act of saying “No” to someone isn’t as effective as kicking that someone, in the chest, down a very deep pit.
5. Your enemies will look Nigerian, Chinese, South Asian, Arab, Russian, Italian or deformed
6. Don’t waste time building incredible armor all you need is an awesome six-pack.
7. Hell is a popular place to eat for dinner
8. A volley of arrows is a great way to create shade
9. The best way to win over the Senate is to find the most vocal leader of the opposition and run him through with a dull blade
10. Bad things happen when someone bows down
For 300 Products: